March 22, 2011

nope.


no baby yet.

i'm walking (one foot on the curb and one foot off)
and eating spicy food
and loving my husband
and telling my baby today would be a great day to meet
and invisioning a flower opening
and...
feeling full and a bit hopeless.

every night i hope that i will be awakened with a gush of water OR contractions that i can't sleep through
and every morning i wake up realizing that i am one more day OVER DUE.

i'm still having NO contractions.
which is not to say that i feel good.
nope.
my body is achy and sore and ready to birth this baby.

maybe today?!

note- my doctor says he will let me go until April 1st without being induced.
i'm unsure if i can make it till April 1st without going insane.
i think i can... i think i can... i think i can...

joseph smith said, "there is no pain so awful as that of suspense..."
hmm.  i happen to agree with him.

11 comments:

valerie in TX said...

Oh Jen, waiting is the WORST! I was just calling to check on you this morning! I'm thinking since you've always been induced, maybe your body is waiting on YOU, going, "ok, Jen, what are you waiting for?" Ha! And...in one of your posts back in September, you gave your due date as March 22, so see? Not so long overdue after all. :) Hang in there, she'll be here soon!

valerie in TX said...

p.s. have you tried castor oil? ;) haha.

beckyjune said...

Oh, Jen, I am amazed that he is going to have you wait until the first- hopefully it won't take that long but even for ME that seems so far away. Doesn't he know what it's like? No- he's a man and will never have to go through the end of a pregnancy. I have been thinking about you lots and hope that all of the walking and lovin' and spicy food will start to do some good :D

jenifer said...

i really don't want to be induced-- trying to VBAC the risk of uterine rupture is higher with induction.
so, i'm still HOPING my body can figure out labor.
hoping... but not completely confident.

ashley said...

hoping for you too!!! maybe she wants to share a bday with you. :) But I'm really hoping not...

I"m sending you a package today, with some golden oreos in it. Hope they get to you when she's all ready here!

love ya!
ashley

Steph said...

Aargh! I have been faithfully blog stalking, waiting for the exciting announcement. . .soon. . .good luck!

Cluff Chronicles said...

Good luck! You can come try out our trampoline anytime! Waiting is the worst thing in the world for me!

corrie said...

Oh My!
April 1st would be awesome though. You definately need more birthdays on April 1st. Even though I wish for you a March birthing day.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!:0)

Ann said...

I feel for you, Jen. You can do this, though! You are amazing and strong!

And for what it's worth, I never have contractions until I go into labor for real. If I have 3 in a row, I know it means it's "go time." So hopefully that's the way it is for you. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a March bday.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe there isn't a baby over there yet?!?!

I am excited for you! How fun to have a new addition joining you shortly. Good luck!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...