May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Elder Deiter F. Uchdorf, "Happiness, Your Heritage"
"If you are a mother, you participate with God in His work of creation—not only by providing physical bodies for your children but also by teaching and nurturing them."

Elder M. Russel Ballard, "Daughters of God"
"What can . . . young mother[s] [do] . . . to reduce the pressure [of raising young children] and enjoy [their families] more? . . .

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

all my kids (and my husband) wrote me mother's day poems.
i LOVE them.
Today I am grateful for my mothers, and for the opportunity to be a mother.
I firmly believe that MOTHERHOOD does not come with having children. 
Motherhood is an innate, sacred quality that all women possess. 
You can feel the yearnings of motherhood in young girls as they hide baby dolls under their shirts or nurture their younger siblings.
Motherhood is a skill that we become better at with practice.

I have often felt that Motherhood is next to Godhood.
We create.  We nurture.  We comfort.  We heal.  We cleanse.  We forgive.  We serve.  We nourish.  We cherish.  We teach.  We sacrifice. 
We try... every day, to be the best we can be for those we love as much as we know how.
my morning was not glamorous, but it was FILLED with love.  baby eve wanted to spend every moment of this day with me, starting at 12 am, 2 am, 4 am, 6am...  she JUST went to sleep (around 10:30 am)... i think she'll sleep ALL day, so she'll be ready for our evening bonding tonight.  not much sleeping at my house-- but TONS of sweet baby bonding.
I LOVE being a mother!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...