May 31, 2008

We LOVE Crayola Crayons...

Yeah, we made these! Can I tell you how many broken crayons came out of the kids' backpacks? I've always wanted to make Chubby Crayons and today, we did it.
STEP ONE- Peel and break the crayons into small pieces. Add 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil to each container.
STEP TWO- Melt for about 8 minutes in the oven on 275*.
STEP THREE- Wait for them to cool and the seriously just POP! right out of the tin. (Don't get nervous... just wait till they are completely cool...)
So Fun!! This was a great hour long project that just made a fun end to our school stuff organization.

3 comments:

Lorena said...

Yeah, I paid a child to take all of the papers from school that I wanted to keep and put them in each child's bin (they have a school bin of keepsakes.) They would have loved to do this, though...maybe next year.

corrie said...

I've always wanted to do this! They are so cool. I saw a thing where they did it in heart shaped moulds and gave them out for Valentines. fun fun!

kimberly t. bowling said...

I am enjoying your posts of things we've done and the links of ones to try! I pulled a page out of family fun magazine last year to remind myself to make those heart melted crayons for Valentines....competely forgot.

Live in the moment though...it may be August, but I think we'll try to make some this weekend!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...