June 15, 2008

Ode To My Boyscout...

(I can brag cause it's Father's Day...)
A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent (and hungry).

This is my sweet husband- a true boyscout. We have been married for 11 years and I'm more in love with him each and everyday. Todd is the most diligent and patient person I know. He is a great dad, and a better husband. If my kids grow up to be just like their dad, I will feel completely successful as a mother.

When we sat down for dinner Ellie said, "I have the best father in the whole world." (I guess this is to make up for the fact that she sang a song in sacrament with altered words, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be, I shout boohoo and run away, and hope he doesn't see.") On another occasion she was telling Drew that she was sure Todd could fix the cabinet she had broken... she said, "Drew, my dad's very strong. He's my hero."

Yes, Todd is a great man. He is a boyscout, like his father and grandfathers before him... I hope my sons follow in his grand footsteps.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

I love Ellie's song...gotta remember that one.

Happy Father's Day Todd!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...