August 05, 2008

on the road again...


yeah... we're off to the land of the potato... good ole' Idaho. i think it's a 24 hour drive... with potty breaks and sanity stops and that's just cause I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant... the kids should be fine... we once got pulled over for speeding... all five of the kids were screaming... the cop just smiled and said, "thanks for keeping them in their carseats, be careful..." no ticket!! honestly, i think he just didn't want to hear all the racket while he wrote the ticket out...
oh, i have come to appreciate Emma's courage in deciding NOt to head west...
i LOVE road trips!!! I LOVE road trips... I LOVE road trips...

6 comments:

astowers said...

Road trips are the best! J/K We just got back from Idaho and are headed off on 2 more in the next week and a half. Thankfully the trips are getting a little easier as the kids get older. The older kids are easier to entertain when they can read and do other activities. One activity that was a hit was pipe cleaners. We went on a trip with my parents and they brought a pack of multicolor pipe cleaners. The kids and I spent the trip from St. George back to Utah county "sculpting" with the pipe cleaners. We made butterflies, cars, people, pterodactyls. It kept them busy and quiet. We also tried a roll of tin foil to make crowns, jewelry and other sculptures with on another trip. We ended up with pieces of tinfoil around seats but it was still entertaining. Good Luck with the trip!

Team said...

Jenn, I still can't believe you are driving 8 1/2 months pregnant, but I can't wait to see you and the kids! Audrey wants some cousins to play with, and she won't be disappointed ")

Jilene said...

We are so excited to see you all! Hope the drive goes smoothly & that it goes by fast. :)

Kimberly said...

Hope you guys have lots of fun ... there is nothing like some really close family time in the car! Ha, ha! P.S. your cookies were great!

Sandra Butcher said...

Greetings from England to all the Mosses! You've inspired us to start a blog too: http://martinandsandy.blogspot.com/
Lots of love

Sandra Butcher said...

Joey just read your comment and exclaimed, "I never knew I had a cousin in Texas! I need to save money for my new Ben 10 figure and then maybe after that I can save to go to Texas to see them!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...