August 25, 2008

words of wisdom:: 1 Enzio Busche

Todd and I are reading the book, Yearning for the Living God, by F. Enzio Busche. My sister-in-law, Lanette, let me read a copy of a speech by the same man entitled, Unleashing the Dormant Spirit. I keep trying to quote him to other people so i thought i'd just post them... the whole talk is amazing (if you click on the title it should link to it)... here are a few of my favorite words of wisdom-- -The pain of sacrifice lasts only one moment. It is the fear of the pain of sacrifice that makes you hesitate to do it. -When you are compelled to give up something or when things that are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know that this is your lesson to be learned right now. But know also that as you are learning this lesson, God wants to give you something better. -Never judge anyone. When you accept this, you will be freed. In the case of your own children or subordinates, where you have the responsibility to judge, help them to become their own judges. -First and foremost, you are a spirit child of God. If you neglect to feed your spirit, you will reap unhappiness. Don't permit anything to detract you from this awareness. -When you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them, in gratitude and love toward God. these are all sooo true...
Lanette told me my mother-in-law's saying,
"Life by the inch is a cinch, but life by the yard is hard."
Thanks Net for the words of wisdom for this week...
I think I'll take my life one inch at a time...

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for sharing, Jen!
On the way home from Isaac's "procedure" I was listening to a talk on the radio (go Utah!). I was over come with a sense of peace and truth when the speaker reminded us that, to truly be Christlike we must suffer. It is the only way we can succor others as he did. He also said that often we are tried with the thing that is hardest for us.
Interesting.
love ya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...