September 10, 2008

angels amoung us...

See these women... they may look ordinary, but they are SAINTS... My mom hired them to come and do a complete spring cleaning at my house yesterday. I must admit, I was a bit nervous to have someone else clean my house. And, I wasn't sure that the $130 they were charging was worth it... I WAS WRONG. These ladies showed up at 8:30am and worked non-stop until 3:00pm... they cleaned things I never even knew were dirty. They did my blinds, my windows, my light fixtures, my woodwork, my fans... it seriously took them over 3 hours just to clean the kid's bedrooms (and everything was picked up before they got here). My house SHINES and smells so good. The only bad thing is that I'm completely sold-- I have figured out the key to complete housekeeping happiness-- I'll organize and pick-up, I'll do dinner and dishes and laundry and mornings and soccer practice and music lessons and homework, but I wouldn't mind outsourcing the floors, bathrooms and dusting... oh, if only I had waited to experience this bliss till Todd was finished school. I think we needed to set some standards earlier... No dating till age 16. No sex till marriage. And, No housekeepers till graduation. If anyone is looking for a great 6th baby gift idea-- I think my mom picked the perfect thing!! Hire house cleaners... how am I ever going to be able to wash my toilet again without wondering if it is worth the $10 to pay someone else to do it for me... (Any of you that have known me since the beginning of my marriage will know how hypocritical this post is... I'm the housework advocate--- i used to place great value on cleaning toilets--- you love those you serve and as you clean your home you love your family more... I still believe this, but I was young then, and I had never experienced the true happiness of house keeepers... oh the grand ideals of the ignorant. I'm fine with the fact that these three ladies are a bit more connected to my sweet family then I am because they spent the whole day serving us while I laid on the couch reading books to Leah.)

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow ... I am sitting at my computer and can hardly type because of the drool all over my keyboard!! he, he! What a nice gift! Can't wait to meet baby Moss soon!

Diana said...

That was amazing insight on your mothers part! I love that idea. I think that I will even start saving my pennies!

Sandra Butcher said...

I think you're going to need to convince me a bit more about exactly how cleaning out toilet bowls makes me love my family more??? I could picture the whole Buddhist washing feet thing might bring one closer, but really not convinced re: the toilet...and have you ever encountered limescale in a toilet--this is the English foe I face regularly in cleaning house...I promise you I feel much closer to my kids when romping through the park with them.

Cracks me up that you had my sister thinking you had a boy. But beware, my neighbor in DC 'knew' she was having a boy due to sonograms and out popped a girl. Poor thing was wearing blue for weeks.

Sonja said...

I understand your dilemma, Jen! My solution will be (upon graduation, of course...unless my Mom is as insightful as yours, that is...)to teach all my children how to clean the house and they will do the chores, and then, when they're gone to school, I'll hire someone to do it again:) Especially the stuff I hate...baseboards, windows, blinds, light fixtures...you know, the fun stuff!

Congratulations on your baby!

corrie said...

sigh...
if only, if only
the wood pecker cried...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...