October 11, 2008

because, i LOVE garage sales...

BELOVED CRAP

because, my friend Grey is moving and wanted to get rid of stuff...

because, Todd was out of town on a cub scout camp out...
because, I only had one birthday party (we didn't make it-- sorry Jackson), two soccer games, a 6, 5, and 2 year old, and a 3 week old at home...
because, I only had 4 award assemblies and one PTA executive board meeting at the school yesterday...
because, my baby is awake and not so happy from 11pm to 4am...
because, I LOVE selling my cute, pottery barn kitchen that I paid $100 for at an outlet to a Mexican family for $15...
(Yeah, that family came back to our garage sale with a moving van... for real!! I may have to check out the local flea markets next week to buy the kitchen back!! Who knew there were professional garage salers?)
because, my friend Grey just adopted a two year old last Saturday...
because, between us we have 13 kids...
because, it was supposed to RAIN...
because, I LOVE putting prices on things...
("How much is this?" "Uhh... 50 cents... ten dollars? Make me an offer... OK, just take it.")
because, I don't have another friend that would be crazy enough to have a whirl-wind garage sale with me....
We opened at 6am and closed up at noon.
(Well, we sold a moving van of stuff to that one family the night before- they showed up as we were setting up. And, on Saturday it started raining around 10am- we were seriously DONE by noon.)
CRAZY!!!! but fun.
kind of.
I did make $186!!!
ALMOST enough to pay the $250 speeding ticket that Todd got on the way to Scout Camp....
Treasures... (Anna helped with pricing!) So, what did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

Taneil said...

Jen-
You are hilarious! I love your blog. Okay, I finally got one up and running! It took me all night!!!! Check it out!
adamandtaneilserr@blogspot.com
Love you
taneil

Diana said...

Way funny about Todd's ticket taking all of your hard earned money, the best part is that it didn't even cover the fine! Gotta love that Todd boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...