October 29, 2008

an end and two beginnings...

These are the cupcakes that Leah and I made yesterday for a bake sale at the Fall Festival. Yeah, I really am the PTA President at my kids' school... this was our first activity last night and it was fun. We had tons of help and we raised $2500... the most they have ever raised was $500. So, a month of planning has come to an end-- not so sad to see this one go. But, I feel a bit lost... it's the same feeling I get when I've eaten all the chocolate out of my kids' Halloween candy... even the tootsie rolls.
See this cute baby? Anything look different? Yeah-- she SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!! That's right... ALL NIGHT LONG. 10pm-7am. Can you believe it? She hasn't even slept for 4 hours at night yet, then last night- BAM!! All night. Of course I woke up every hour (after 3am). Besides the fact that I was certain she'd be up any minute, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO EXPLODE. (some of you may know what i mean...) My baby is getting bigger...
Speaking of babies getting bigger... YEAH, these are panties. On Leah. She had one accident (it was a huge shocker to her) and has gone potty on the toilet ever since. (Even dry at nap time.)
I KNOW that Lily will NOT sleep through the night again tonight, and that Leah and I will have long journey together on the Potty... But don't you know those stories of kids who just start sleeping through the night, or who are potty trained after just one accident... Maybe that will be me... Or, maybe this is just the end and the beginning...

5 comments:

Sara said...

You're super mom. I'm still battling Maggie and the pottie. Eli had it down before he turned 3, and we're already 3 months past that with Maggie. Ugh!

By the way - missed the MSHR blog since Sunday and just got a chance to see what happened. SO FUNNY! I wondered about the reality of the blog vs. real life, but didn't quite see it as the "middle age mom's late night escape." That totally made me laugh - especially her confession.

Taneil said...

I can't believe Leah is potty training. maybe she will be potty trained easy! You do deserve one to do it. 1 out of 6? I need to catch up with you maybe after Halloween! The carnivals every night! Are you dieing?

Diana said...

i'm so glad that you got your sleep. you deserve it miss pta pres. good luck with the training my fingers are crossed for you there.

Leah said...

Jen, you are my hero. I learn something from you EVERY day on your blog. P.S. I had never seen the inside of Lily's gorgeous quilt. I LOVE that fabric!

Rebekah said...

yah--"my baby slept through the night". Guess you aren't commiserating anymore, eh?!
JK, totally happy for you and hoping she will do a lot more of it for you (I much prefer the lonely victim role).
No comment on the potty-training thing except I just love little bums in underwear!
love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...