October 13, 2008

i think i can, i think i can...

i had to laugh at myself this weekend... when i asked myself why i continually try to pull more than i can handle, i answered myself with an AHA!! moment... I'M THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD. No matter how large the load if I just keep chuggin' I think I can make it over the hill. (It's my mom's fault-- she read to me too much as a child. )
seriously, this is what i always tell myself... my inner dialogue...
just keep chuggin'... i think i can... i think i can... i think i can...
(and, i'm totally pulling a circus!!)
"Puff, puff! Chug, choo! Off they started! Slowly the cars began to move. Slowly they climbed the steep hill. As they climbed, the little steam engine began to sing: "I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I think I can - I think I can - I think I can I think I can--" And they did! Very soon they were over the hill and going down the other side.
And she went merrily on her way, singing: "I-thought-I-could! I-thought-I-could! I-thought-I-could! I-thought-I-could! I thought i could - I thought I could - I thought I could - I thought I could - I thought I could - I thought I could I thought I could --"

3 comments:

Diana said...

I need to incorporate the "keep chuggin'" mentality! Great thought!
That's the only way that we will make it through this parental role that we have undertaken.

Sandra Butcher said...

I don't know, Jen, maybe sometimes it's okay to stay under the covers for an extra hour and let someone else do it? Moms deserve a break too once in a while. If I lived near you, I would come over to your house, send you out to a bookstore by yourself (or for a manicure, or whatever you would prefer), just to let you have some 'you' time...away from all the demands. I know the idea is to stay positive, but sometimes it's easier to be positive when mom has time to refuel? With lots of love from overseas...

The Davis Family Three said...

Hi Jen,

I stumbled upon your blog this evening and was so glad I did. Your blog made me smile! You have the most amazing, positive attitude and your posts are so sweet! I hope you don't mind if I link to your blog. Thanks for uplifting me!

Nicole Davis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...