November 30, 2008

thankful at grandmas...

i know. we had an amazing thanksgiving dinner, and have no pictures to prove it. you can see the leftovers in my mom's hand as we had our own CRAZY HAIR black friday. i DIDN'T go shopping... I'm on a new budget for the holidays-- it's called the "DON'T GO SHOPPING AND YOU WON'T SPEND MONEY" Budget. Some really smart guy wrote a few books about it, they're called, "PRETEND YOUR POOR AND YOU HAVE TO MAKE CHRISTMAS GIFTS FROM THINGS YOU ALREADY HAVE AT HOME" and "1001 THINGS YOU CAN BUY AT WAL-MART WHEN YOU'RE GROCERY SHOPPING AND STILL CONVINCE YOURSELF YOUR NOT SPENDING MONEY ON CHRISTMAS." my mom's house is amazingly organized. it makes me want to come home and clean my closets. again. i'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures... of the 6 pictures we did take- 4 were of my little sister amy. she's SO cute!! This is Aunt Amy (age 10) with her newest neice- Lily.
Amy has deep red hair with brown eyes... it's my favorite color combo!!
Isn't she adorable?!
Love her.
Cute Aunty Amy.
It is fun having my brothers who are 15 and 13 and a little sister who is 10. My kids LOVE them!! Jakob is already asking if I can be finished packing so we can leave to go to Ft. Worth the day school gets out for Christmas vacation.
We missed Aunt Patti and Justin, the Lefferts, Ionno's, and all our Moss Family... seriously, I wish we all lived on an island together. imagine the good food and fun times we'd have.
mmm. I think I may imagine Heaven as a perpetual Thanksgiving weekend. (with no weight gain and no dishes and no black friday sales to tempt us...) ok. perpetual thanksgiving may be a bit like hell... hmmm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...