December 09, 2008

nasal cleansing.

So, what did you do last night?
At our house we had a little nasal cleansing.
One of us has an issue with mucus. One of us was watching Oprah a long time ago and heard Dr. Oz talk about the life changing "Nasal Bidet- Neti". One of us bought one at a health food store a couple of months ago CERTAIN it would be life changing. One of us wanted to return it and get back the $13.99 to spend on Christmas... but that was before we tried it. (You can buy your own here for $24). One of us extracted a nose cleansing commitment that one of us has tried for several days to avoid. One of us was so excited about taking pictures. One of us was worried that the pictures may find their way all over the Internet, or that a certain un-named friend's husband who lives in 'bama, may happen to glance at a nasal cleansing and see it as a sign of weakness. One of us reminded another one of us that trying new things, caring for our bodies, doing things that we may not have ever thought we would try, is not a sign of weakness, but of strength. One of us was a nasal cleansing natural. One of us had some minor choking, drainage issues that were shortly overcome with proper head alignment.
Both of us laughed.
Both of us cleansed.
Both of us went to bed singing, "I can smell clearly now, the rain is gone..."
Let us bond through Neti cleansing more often...

7 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

I watched that same Oprah!!!! Although it really is disgusting I have also done it as a last resort. But you are much cooler than I am because I just had to use a plastic cup and hope I had good aim!! The verification word this time is annizesh, I think that is the sound I made while I was working out my head allignment issues!

Taneil said...

That was very disturbing!!!! One of you needs to go find a tissue and blow your nose!

Diana said...

What the heck!

Tiffany said...

HI-larious!!!!

corrie said...

I got my mom a "snot pot" off Etsy last year for Christmas!
Never used one myself though.
Does it sting? I'm not weak.

Patti Kilroy said...

This is so gross Jen! Lol!

Patti Kilroy said...

Jen... this is GROSS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...