December 15, 2008

things i love about christmas...

i love the branches of my tree about kid-height that have 12 ornaments hanging from them...
i love the continual "letters to Santa" that i find around my house.
this one says, "my mom has my Christmas list so just talk to her if you want to know what i want for Christmas." love it...
i love this santa and mrs. claus...
my mom painted some just like this with my dad's sister when i was a baby. we had them until my little sister and i took them to school for show n tell and they broke on the bus. last year i found them on ebay and bought a set for me, my mom and my sister... they make me happy every time i see them...
i love kid arranged nativities...
i love the wise man with no head... i love the worshiping my little pony and 8 twigged reindeer... i love the horse in the balcony (you can't really see it in this picture) who is peaking over to see the baby Jesus... i love the added angel (i made this ornament the first year of our marriage)... i love that baby Jesus is ALWAYS in the center...

i love kid-made ornaments... i love the ornaments made at the end (before I could rescue them) that are painted "mixed"...

what a glorious season...

Kids make Christmas magical!!

4 comments:

Taneil said...

So fun! I better start looking at my Christmas memories that way instead of the annoyed way that I am looking at them.

Diana said...

You're doing things right! Way to go!

Sara said...

These are the best!

Patti Kilroy said...

I remeber something about one of us swinging a backpack with a ceramic Mr and Mrs Claus in it. I remember something about one of us accidentally dropping it on a path behind the tennis courts. I remember something about one of us being in BIG trouble once Mom found out. Hmmm... Oops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...