December 11, 2008

things that made me laugh in the shower...

I read this on the tag of my nursing bra.
Sorry. I try not to post about unmentionables, but I couldn't help it.
SERIOUSLY?!?
I mean, I've been dry cleaning and ironing these babies for years...
So, on Tuesday a friend of mine (well, she USED to be a friend of mine) asked me if I was pregnant. ?!?! Seriously? I have 6 KIDS. I have a 3 MONTH OLD. And, I'm quite skinny- if I do say so myself. I said no in a perplexed tone and she said, "Well, you never know with you." (Maybe I deserved that.) She was still talking to me when I came up with my perfect response. DON'T YOU HATE THAT... you ALWAYS think of the best things to say after the fact. Next time, this is how I want our conversation to go...
Ex-friend: "Are you pregnant again?"
sufficient pause for me to think of my perfectly cutting and funny response.
Me: "No, I'm not. Are you?"
Evolution-- Leah got into my make-up 3 times yesterday... when I went to put my lipsticks back, this is what I found. See- this is how we're smarter than monkeys. This morning she picked up the picture that she used to cry when she saw. (You can read about it here, maybe). I said (in my most terrifying voice) "Oooh, SCARY... that man will EAT you." She laughed and said, "No Scary... FUNNY!"
Drats. When your children are ready to potty-train they will begin to show signs...
And, finally... I was trying to think of some words to describe my quilting for the description part of my OTHER blog. The quilts I like best are FAST, CHEAP and EASY. I know. I can't write it cause I totally sound like a QUILT SLUT.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I'm a quilt slut, just like you!

Tiffany said...

Aah... you make me laugh every time I read your posts! I love all your descriptions & pics--YOU ROCK!!!!

Taneil said...

I have never ironed my bra! It still works! I guess I am a little droopy... Yeah I think I'll blame that one the dryer!!

corrie said...

I love this post.
You are a breath of fresh air.
love you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...