January 12, 2009

potty training leah...

NOTE:
TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE EVER HAD A DIFFICULT TIME POTTY TRAINING.
DO NOT READ THIS.
I MEAN IT.
YOU MAY END UP HATING ME FOREVER.
SERIOUSLY-- GO NO FURTHER.
YES.
Leah is potty trained.
We tried for one day in November... then had holidays and panties went in the drawer...
Last Monday I packed away the onesies and pulled out the panties and...
TAH DAH!
She did it.
With ONE accident (AT NAP TIME!!) the first day.
Seriously.
The morning that we started,
I took off her night time super-soaked diaper.
Put on panties.
She had ONE accident DURING her nap that day.
I only put a diaper on her at night time, but she has woken up dry every night. A couple of times she has had a few drops of wet when she says, "Mom!! Quick potty."
NONE of my other kids were this easy! (Maybe your fifth will be easy too...)
She had a bit of a hard time poopin' in the potty... but I finally convinced her, in my politically correct potty training lingo that the Mommy Poop in her bum was so sad cause she wanted to go swimming. And once we got the Mommy poop swimming she needed her baby poop and Daddy poop to join her. I know. Brilliant.
My tip to anyone who is working on it... ONLY POSITIVE. Even if they sit on the toilet and nothing comes out and they say they're done... still say "Good Job!" I don't use any kinds of rewards besides praise and an occasional Potty Dance. (It is also brilliant.) Accidents- I just say "Oh No. That is so sad. We need to go potty in the toilet." And, they help me clean it up. Very mild disappointment, but CRAZY, HAPPY praise for success.
Oh, and something else I learned.
If you put little girls on the potty with their legs together- it's easier to tinkle.
If you put them on the potty with their legs open- it's easier to push.
yeah. you try it. you'll see I'm right.
really I know,
This was a freak of nature.
And. Seriously. Leah.
she's my favorite.
this week.
i know... she could still regress and I'll be back to square one... but today, I would like to count my chickens.

5 comments:

Dana said...

Yeah!!! Glad it was so easy!!

Ann said...

That's awesome! My first potty trained that easily. The others, not so much, but they still weren't that bad. (Thankfully.)

Sandra Butcher said...

Well done!
I on the other hand only succeeded when resorting to chocolate bribes. And in Tolka's case the most obnoxious singing potty that looks like a real toilet and has red flashing lights when anything goes into the potty. I have no shame. And am VERY glad I never (knock on wood) have to do that again. Not the high point of my motherhood career in either case.

Turtle1424 said...

Thats great :) Im hoping when its time to potty train Alex its that easy, My boys were very hard to potty train , I think i tried everything, stickers , treats , songs just praise, putting them in undies to feel the wet etc.... finally they decided it was time and they have been great ever since ( they were 4 when they finally decided) it wasn't that they didnt know what to do they just didnt want to stop playing lol. ( i did start tring to train them at 2 1/2) Congrats Jen

Sara said...

So - I gave in and read. Because I had a similar experience with Eli, I can't begrudge you too much. However, I did need the "only positive" reminder...That would not best describe my recent approach. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...