February 03, 2009

things that make me lip smackin' happy...

Hmmm. What's different about this mama? is it the hair? is it the sweet french nails? is it the smokin' hot toes? yup. I had a morning at the spa. (Well, Hair Cuttery and La Filipino Nail Salon...) Let me tell you, that sweet little foreign speaking guy EARNED his $35 dollars. (ok. it was $45 in the end because french manicure costs more and i needed $5 callus remover on my heals. ok. for real it cost $50 because i needed to tip the guy and i'm trying to pretend that i'm a spa girl not a poor mama of 6... writing down $47.50 was just too hard. And, what was i supposed to do AFTER i was done and he hands me a receipt for $45 not $35-- stand up and say WAIT. YOU LIE. The sign in the window says $35. i can't do it, so we just ignore the sudden inflation and i tell everyone that it is worth the $35 i thought i was going to pay. in fact, i tell myself it was worth $35 and soon i will forget that it really cost more... it works girls.) So, where was I... Let me tell you, that sweet little foreign guy EARNED his $35 dollars. Because you know, I didn't plan on a manicure/pedicure. I mentioned it to Todd on the way home from my haircut and he said go for it. So, I had shoes and socks on AND... i haven't shaved my legs. SERIOUSLY. I really don't hardly ever shave in the winter. Todd doesn't notice and I'm not uber hairy or anything... my hair may not be dark, but it was LONG and NASTY. That guy told me to sit down, took off my nasty, sweaty socks and shoes, PULLED MY JEANS UP OVER MY KNEES and gave me a whole to-the-knee leg massage. Yeah. Hairy legs and all. poor man. i wanted to stop him and save him the agony. Instead I just pretended I was very interested in the fish tank. And, I did need to concentrate so hard on the fish tank because I'm SUPER ticklish. I don't understand how everyone else can just sit there while people rub and scrub the bottoms of their feet. I'm so ticklish that even the nail guy was laughing like a girl at me. How do you keep a straight face? For real. It's tickle torture. But I am looking forward climbing in bed and not feeling my heels catch on the sheets. i hate that. That's all i have for you. It was wonderful. I want to do something like this for myself once a month. Have you ever had a facial? a massage? for me, i'd rather do something like this than go out to eat. Do you think I can convince Todd that talking to me while I get a manicure can count for our weekly date? Oh. And, do you ever have those moments when you just wish you had super powers? While I was getting my nails done, I REALLY wanted the gift of tongues. I would have loved to just start clicking away... "I can hear you talking about my hairy legs to your girlfriend. Rude." That really is all. Overall it was a GREAT day. I feel happy and refreshed and valued. Since I was having a great day, i thought I'd pay it forward. Leah ended up with a lip smackin' good day too... only hers was CHOCOLATE covered... mmm. brownies and ice cream. nothin' better. (except maybe a manicure and hairy-legged pedicure.)

5 comments:

Diana said...

Good for you! Love the toes & the nails. You are probably almost ready for sandal weather. We still have 3 feet of snow & it's colder than the dickens!

Lanette said...

Great post, Jen! You make me laugh.

Taneil said...

You are seriously SOO Funny!!! I can't help but laugh outloud. The truth is the foriegn guys wife probably has seriously hairy legs and he doesn't even know the difference.

Tiffany said...

I am totally laughing at this one--I love the way you describe it!!! (And even though I love going out to eat, I am with you--I would WAY rather get a pedicure than go to a restaurant. Mmmm... maybe some day post dissertation--both?!?)
YOU ARE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU!!!

corrie said...

That would SO be an awesome date. I've had a facial. Last year for my birthday. That was awesome. I'd love a pedicure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...