March 04, 2009

teachers... love em.

Jakob and Drew had TAKS testing yesterday. I was reminded again how much I LOVE WESTWIND and how much I LOVE MY KIDS' TEACHERS. 1. They sent home envelopes so that every parent could write a sweet thought for their kid to open TAKS morning. 2. They dressed up in Camo and a yellow NO FEAR shirt on Monday to get the kids ready to defeat the TAKS. 3. When I told Drew, "Good Luck on TAKS." He replied, "I DON'T NEED LUCK, I HAVE SKILL." 4. PTA gave the kids water and snacks-- both had signs of encouragement... the water said, This is WISE WATER... drinking water makes you smarter. 5. They fed the kids breakfast burritos at school that morning, just to be sure they were full of good stuff. 6. Their homework sheets had a reminder "Eat a good breakfast (not sugary cereal or donuts)." 7. Drew counted out his bedtime to be sure he had 9-10 hours of sleep the night before TAKS. 8. I found the cutest note in Drew's backpack from his teacher. It said, "Drew, I have total confidence in you to do your best. Use your strategies, do what you know to do, relax, and you will totally ace this thing. You're a smart kid and a good reader. Make sure to take your time and don't rush! Love, Mrs. Dennis." I LOVE you Mrs. Dennis!!! 9. I found a note Drew wrote (I hope the fact that he can't spell his middle name is not an indication of how well he'll do on his tests...) Name: Andrew Clounden Moss I know I will do well on the TAKS tomorrow because... I was taught all the things I need to know. Scence my brother pasd the TAXS Test so I can if I do my best. I trough all my wories away in the dumpster. I am going to do the stretches and I am going to eat good food. If I feel like I need aneyting or if I need a drink I can tell the teacher. 10. They didn't just teach my kids how to do well on the TAKS test-- they taught them how to attack every hard thing they'll come across in life. With NO FEAR, because THEY HAVE SKILL. I'm so grateful for the sweet, underpaid, educators who spend so much of their heart and time loving my kids... THANKS!

4 comments:

corrie said...

Love that! Wow. we have a good school, but I hope our next place has an Excellent school.
xoxoxoxo
(the ver. word is 'rediset'. I love what meaning I can glean from verification words!)

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I heart the school too, and my son can't spell his middle name either. The other day he asked me if he could read "Twilight". I told him no, it was for big people, old enough to spell their middle names correctly.

astowers said...

Wow! It's does sound like you have wonderful teachers! If only we all could have teachers that could help us teach those skills to our kids.

Sandra Butcher said...

and here i have been telling people in england that we don't make such a big deal in the US about tests for young kids as they do here. it does sound like your school is really supportive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...