August 14, 2009

enjoying the climb...

I was laying in bed thinking and the girls were watching this music video... it seemed to say what i needed to hear the most. thanks miley... (and, i LOVE that her real name isn't Miley... that's just what her parents called her cause she was such a smiley baby... isn't that cute?!) so... here are the words that i loved...
There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waiting on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it But these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most, yeah Just gotta keep going And I, I got to be strong Just keep pushing on Cause there's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waiting on the other side It's the climb!! Keep moving, keep climbing Keep the faith, baby It's all about the climb!!
I KNOW... life is good even though each one of us is climbing our own mountain. It's the journey not the arriving. I'm thankful for the times that I can look up and see the horizon. I'm thankful that I'm not climbing alone. I know that we are always loved and that "all these things shall give us experience and shall be for our good." Today. I'm thankful for the climb.

3 comments:

valerie in TX said...

i love this song too! (never heard it, but i love the words) it's hard to remember life is about the journey...we tend to get so tunnel-vision-focued on the "arriving". funny how we never seem to get there, huh? :)

thanks for commenting on my blog. you were my very first visitor ever! :)

Aurelia said...

I <3 this song too. But must admit that I like the audio better than the video. Something about her in the video annoys me. So now I just listen only & try not to get distracted by the vid. :-/ Weird, I know, right?

Judy said...

Thanks! I needed a little inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...