September 05, 2009

happy

yesterday, the kids and i took an afternoon trip to amarillo to meet my aunt and uncle and cousin. we swam at their hotel pool and went out for a fancy/crazy Burger King lunch... (so fun!) we continued our month of no-screens in the car and all the kids brought books. i brought tapes to The People of SPARKS (sequel to The City of Ember) by Jeanne DuPrau... I LOVE THIS BOOK!! i LOVE that my kids heard this book. It had a sweet lessons on history and good vs. evil... peace vs. war... choosing the right even when it's hard. One quote I'm semi-quoting was "It's easy to do the wrong thing. It takes courage to do the right thing even when you don't really want to." OH... I LOVED that all those little ears were listening to this great lesson with me... On the way home i saw this sign... Happy 1/4 mile. I smiled and thought to myself... "I'm ALREADY THERE."

4 comments:

Lanette said...

That sounds like fun, Jen. I love that there's a city named Happy. It probably makes a lot of people smile to see that sign...

corrie said...

I loved the City of Ember. I haven't read the other ones yet, but Maddie has and liked them.
I love listening to books on tape in the car. We listened to Arthur and the Invisibles last trip. Very fun.
love love

beckyjune said...

Sounds fun :)

I have a picture of that sign, too, from one of our trips to Colorado.

Aurelia said...

love it!
we actually just watched the City of Ember movie with the kids, actually meant to read the book first-it's on my list
too funny that y'all like it too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...