December 19, 2010

6 days till Christmas... christmas songbook

Today, I have a present for you!!!


I hope you LOVE it!!!

See, I have minor childhood scarring because we didn't have a lot of music in my home.
I NEVER knew the right words to songs... especially Christmas songs.
In college i was teased... my friends would laugh and say, "Jen, those words don't even rhyme..."
So, I'm a bit obsessive with my kids... I want them to have music and WORDS.

I compiled this songbook... printed out a few copies for my family... and we SING ALL THE TIME!!
on the way to 12 days of Christmas, during scripture time, after we read the adventures of Saint Nicholas...
My kids are really learning the words.
And, so am I!!

Christmas Songbook-- print here (i printed it double-sided)
[warning-- if your husband is anything like mine you might want to delete the words to "Here we come a-wassailing"  because he may want to sing that song ALL DAY LONG!  just sayin.]

Oh-- and, at the end of the SONGS, there are 2 poems... The Night Before Christmas- regular version and The Night Before Christmas- funny Swedish version that my father-in-law or husband always reads on Christmas Eve.   It's cute...  hope you love it as much as we do!!

Let me know if this link works for you... and, if you print out this book just leave me a comment so I know my time figuring out google docs online was not wasted.

Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Thanks for the songbook…going to check it out now. In fact, I just started playing Christmas songs on my guitar and singing them with my class.

Always a lot of fun.

Heather said...

So nice of you to share the link! Now I just need to find a good piano book for all the songs. If not... we'll massacre the melody... but oh well! :)

Thanks in return... here is a link to some freebies I have on my site...

http://www.simplyfreshdesigns.com/category/freebies/

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Impressive songbook!

ashley said...

LOOOOVE the book! and it was a breeze to download in google docs- honestly So easy peasy. So, thanks for figuring out the madness! I think we might try this for the NELSON Christmas Eve extravaganza. It will be a hit. I love seeing all the cute & crazy stuff you guys are doing. Hope you have a MERRY rest of you week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...