December 15, 2010

cards.

all my christmas cards and packages are on my counter awaiting the postman.
i hate licking envelopes... so i made the professor my official licker.

i don't love my christmas card this year...
first of all... Sam's Club envelopes are too small for an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper.
you have to do letter origami to fit it in the envelope.
come on!!  this is 2010... we have the hubble telescope... can't we create envelopes that fit a piece of paper?

and, i think i have too many different patterns going on.
i bought the card first and the paper at a different store.
then, i printed out labels...  try Avery design and print ONLINE to create and print your labels-- it worked so much better than trying to get a template into Microsoft office.


i found this site that offers free, cute return address labels...  (here is the link for www.vistaprint.com)
but after designing for an hour AND talking to costumer service, they couldn't fit my family of 8.
so i used powerpoint and print screen, and cut and paste, and added lily on my own.
cute huh?!
i just print these out for my friends and neighbors-- cider gifts.

i wrote a list on Sunday night...  had a REAL in-depth conversation with the professor.
his calendar usually says "basketball practice tuesday night at 6:00"
this week, i had him write in all my details...  so he realizes how much preparation is going on around here.
he even volunteered to go shopping with me yesterday for groceries.
we spent $500 and had 5 carts of groceries.
Yup.  Planning holiday meals for 12 takes A LOT of thought and money and finding the cilantro...
it was nice to have help.

i'm tired today.
i only; have a few more days with the kids in school and i HAVE to get my presents wrapped...
i hate doing that Christmas Eve.

and, i have glucose testing and ob appointments and lots and lots of school lunches and school parties and a house to clean before company comes...
i think i can, i think i can, i think i can...
how are your christmas preparations coming??

6 comments:

corrie said...

I simplified and dropped some plans and projects. The peace and excitement has come back.
I hustled for Thanksgiving. I'm simplifying for Christmas.
ahhhh.

love ya.

Suzette said...

Those Christ-Moss things are so cute.

Mira Whitby said...

I am totally mad about Sam's Club envelopes too. I cut a strip off all my newsletters and my husband called me crazy but I thought it was a better option than folding a very small amount over. I have a tip for licking envelopes. Use a paper towel in water. It works great. Something I learned while being a receptionist back in the day.

LAURA said...

I love those chrismoss labels, so adorable. question, how come your full post doesn't come up in google reader? It only shows the first few sentences.

jenifer said...

um, not sure about googe reader.
i don't even really know what that is! any ideas?

Teachinfourth said...

Curses, I must have been accidentally left off of the mailing list…

;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...