March 04, 2011

we love puzzles.

Do your kids love puzzles?
Mine do.
Regular wooden puzzles, big piece floor puzzles and these...
the wooden shape pattern boards and matching pair puzzles.
we love them. 

We have a little kid wooden shape board and a bigger kid Tangram book and shapes.
Here is the actual puzzle that we have- Melissa and Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards $13.33.  I LOVE it.
I found this bigger kids version on Amazon- Tangram- $21.21 This isn't the one we have.  Ours has all black shapes and a book of patterns- i think i bought it from Borders.  It's really fun- even for me.

I also LOVE the matching pair puzzles.  They are quick to put together and clean up and let the kids learn while they are putting puzzles together.  (Just a note- I don't keep the puzzle boxes.  I have a bunch of puzzles without boards that I just store in ziplocs in one shoebox sized tupperware next to all my wooden puzzles.)   
LOVE them.
Here is one on amazon-- Baby Animal Puzzle Pairs- $11.82.  This is our easiest- lily loves it.
We also have a couple Matching pairs puzzles- they match a hammer with nails or a birthday cake with a candle or a dog with a bone.  I bought mine at Wal-mart for $1 awhile ago.
Here are some that I would LOVE to buy for my 4 year year old...
Simple Puzzle Alphabet Letters and Numbers Pair- $13.23
or this Simple Puzzle Pairs Rhyming Words- $11.25
or this Simple Puzzle Pairs Opposites- $11.95.

I LOVE puzzles.
It is definitly our go to activity when I turn off the cartoons.
What are your favorites?

ps- see that pregnancy counter?
yup-- it says 14 days.
that's 2 weeks.
i've NEVER gone past 38 weeks before without being induced...
that means i'm going a little crazy with excitement and waiting.
and nesting.
i'm trying to take one day at a time.
but, really, I CAN'T WAIT to meet this baby.
aghh!
did i tell you i wake my kids up on Christmas morning?
yup- i'm not great at surprises or waiting...

This is my THEME for the next two weeks
Be pretty if you are, Be witty if you can, But be cheerful if it kills you. ...


it has not been my theme for the past two weeks.
(don't believe me?  just ask my kids.)

4 comments:

corrie said...

Exicted for you! Puzzles are awesome.

Diane and Chad said...

I LOVE your theme...hang in there:)

childhoodmyths.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Totally forgot about the saying we learned @ book group--love it!

ashley said...

oh goodness! you crack me up. love that saying! it may need to be mine for the rest of this pregnancy. :)
hugs & love from utah...
so excited for this new little moss!

ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...