May 11, 2012

don't get MAD-- get GLAD!!

isn't today a wonderful Friday?
i LOVE spring!
and, Mother's Day Weekend!!
i'm going to take a hint from one of my friends and make mother's day a day where i tell my children how much I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!!
i'm going to write them each a card.
i'm going to be a wonderful mother-- all day.
i'm going to smile and be grateful.
somehow, when i spend all my time expecting other people to make my day magical, i am always disappointed.
i'm excited for my new found mother's day purpose.

in other news...
CHECK.
THIS.
OUT.
seriously.
i was doing wash yesterday and when i took Ellie's lunch bag out of the DRIER, it felt heavy.
i opened the zipper pocket to find a Tupperware of SPAGHETTI SAUCE.
yes, THIS Glad disposable container FULL of sauce went through the washer and drier.
can you imagine the mess it could have made?!!!
don't ask me why a child brought spaghetti sauce in their lunch?!
{and then left it in the bottom of their hamper.}
don't ask me why i didn't check the pockets better before i threw things in the wash.
just be grateful with me?!!  ok?!!
oh, i LOVE Glad.
thank you for saving me-- this time!

and, i had a BRILLIANT idea.
if i do say so myself.
i've noticed my girls getting into more cat fights.
they say mean things and they scratch.
one thing my children are GREAT at, is apologizing and making up.
QUICKLY.
but, i don't think they should have to apologize so often.
i think sibling squabbles are NORMAL but not best.
they can learn to disagree in a kind way.
SOO...
i've decided to buckle down.
EVERY TIME they are unkind with their hands i am going to have them do something kind with their hands.
as practice.
not in a mean way, just in a sympathetic, understanding, practicing way.
today my girls were fighting over a book.
one took a book away, one scratched to get the book back.
while we were discussing things, one took the book away again.
i had them color loving pictures for each other.
one girl had to color two pictures.
and, by the time she was finished coloring two pictures, she had to color a third-- for the dog.
hah!



when they SPEAK unkind words i'm going to have them brush their teeth-- for five minutes.
or sing to me "There is beauty all around, when there's love at home."
eve LOVED pulling daizie around with the leash...  funny girl.
i guess i'm just saying you don't have to be mean or permissive... you can be kind AND teaching.
i'm excited about this new idea.
don't you LOVE these cute LOVING pictures?
cutest cats ever!
happy friday!!

1 comment:

LAURA said...

Tupperware is so great, I can't believe it didn't break open! I feel the same way about Mother's Day, waiting for it to be magical (and secretly disappointed) so I am inspired now to just enjoy being a mother...not waiting to be waited on, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...