January 02, 2014

Planning 2014.

(Yes, I know this is a horrible picture.)
I am a planner by necessity.
I am naturally creative and enjoy beautiful things, but I have painstakingly learned to be more organized.
I'm very picky about planners.

I have an iPhone- and use it daily to keep my calendar, contacts, emails, texts, and yes, I mainly blog from my phone these days.  

I also keep one paper calendar on the desk in my kitchen.  This is my family calendar where I write my daily  To Do lists, easily keep track of my kid appointments, and plan my meals.  

In past years I have purchased a MomAgenda, which I loved but was pricey.  Target has cute planners.  I used a Covey planner for years.  I designed my own one year with printable pages and a cute 5x7 binder.

This year I found a planner I LOVE at Walmart for around $10.

It is a Blue Sky, 2014 weekly monthly dated planner.

I love the whole month page with a big page for monthly Do, Call, Buy.

I also love the one week of space for a daily to do list and a spot for notes.

This is honestly one of my favorite calendars ever.

I looked it up on Amazon and couldn't find the same one.  Mine is 8.5x11.
It has tabbed monthly calendars.
And-- vertical weekly calendars.  
(I really like the tall, side by side days better than the fat rectangle ones... I know it's dumb.)

Vertical that I like- 
Fat ones that most calendars have...

Hope you've found a system that you love!  What planner do you use?

On our best nights, Todd and I take a few minutes to plan at night before bed.  I LOVE having a partner even though we have different To Do lists.

Excited to plan next week!!  
It feels good to start a new planner... 
There is nothing like a new To Do list.
Ha!  Here is my tomorrow...
{Can you see we had planned on inviting our friends the Scanlons over for dinner, but crossed them off when the kids' music concert got moved to Friday?  Sorry Scanlons-- soon!!!}

Oh, I love a tomorrow with my kids back in school and a day full of possibility!

PS-
Just some gems from my morning pondering.

::To Dwindle- to gradually decrease.
Interesting to think of dwindling in unbelief as the opposite of continually pressing forward.  If we aren't progressing, we are decreasing.  
Don't dwindle.  

::quote I hung on my TV cabinet... "If we could follow the slogan that says, 'Turn off the TV and open a good book', we would do something of substance for future generations." President Gordon B. Hinckley 

::quote I hung on my desk above my new calendar and never ending To Do list...
"You can't plow a field simply by turning it over in your mind." President Hinckley 
And,
"He who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth, will be waiting a long time." 
(Just an old favorite of mine.)
And,
"You are good!  But it is not enough just to be good.  You must be good for something.  You must contribute good to the world.  The world must be a better place for your presence.  And the good that is in you must be spread to others." President Hinckley

Love those quotes!
Love that Walmart planner.
Life is good!!


4 comments:

Sandra Butcher said...

I like the last quote. It sums up exactly what we try to teach our boys. I gave up paper planners a long time ago - and use the phone, not well. We also have a weekly wall planner, with a column for each of us, and a notes section for upcoming things to remember. This logistical aspect of parenting is the part I enjoy least, for certain...

Laurie said...

Where did your most recent post go? I read it earlier today, but my arms were full of baby and I didn't have a chance to comment. I have been thinking about it all day and loved everything you said about labels and especially that through God all things are possible. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I agree, where is that post! It was really powerful.

jenifer said...

Back by popular demand. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...