April 30, 2015

Spring, Glorious Spring!

(Spring is- muddy tap shoes and socks stained with adventure.)

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. ~Doug Larson
(Spring is- an organized junk drawer.)

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"
(Spring is- a new exercise program.)

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout
(Spring is- working in the yard.)

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb
(Spring is- clearing out the remnants of Fall and anticipating mulch!)

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet
(Spring is- remembering how to pump swings higher.)

Where man sees but withered leaves,
God sees sweet flowers growing.
~Albert Laighton
(Spring is- being outside together.)

I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature’s rebirth? ~Edward Giobbi
(Spring is- growing.  There used to be a huge manure pile behind that hard working kid!)

First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus —
Crocus. ~Lilja Rogers
(Spring is- seeing with new eyes.)

I wonder if the Daffodil
Shrinks from the touch of frost,
And when her veins grow stiff and still
She dreams that life is lost?
Ah, if she does, how sweet a thing
Her resurrection day in spring!
~Emma C. Dowd, "Daffodil and Crocus," in Country Life in America: A Magazine for the Home-maker, the Vacation-seeker, the Gardener, the Farmer, the Nature-teacher, the Naturalist, April 1902
(Spring is- yellow, glorious yellow popping through the brown.)

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee, How great Thou art!  How great Thou art!  (I'm singing!  Are you singing?!)

Oh!  Life!!  
Happy spring friends.
May your growing list of things to do only remind you how blessed you are with things to do!!

This is a good life.
(Spring is- enjoying new life together.)

Oh those shoes get me-- glitter, tap, and little boy.  This is my dream job!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...