May 14, 2015

Bar Keepers Friend is my new BFF

I prayed for Bar Keepers Friend.
Haha.
Really I did.

BFF=BKF

I've had a hard time figuring out how to clean my bathrooms since moving to Upstate NY.  We have a well here, and the water is hard so we add water softener to it.  For some reason, it stains my sinks, toilets, and showers a rusty red and has been really hard to clean.

I've never had stains in my bathrooms before.  I think shiny toilets are my talent, but this water had me stumped.

I honestly prayed earlier this week for help figuring out how to clean my bathrooms.  

I knew it had to be a chemical problem, because the toilets weren't dirty, they were just stained where the water dripped down.  No matter what I cleaned with or how hard I scrubbed-- nothing changed.

Anyway, I happened to read a Facebook random tips for Spring cleaning post that suggested Bar Keepers Friend, and I bought some at Target to try.

Hallelujah!!!

Oh my gosh this stuff is AMAZING!  The stains just wiped away.  Hard water spots on shower doors-- gone!  The yellowish part on my ceramic stove where I boiled over oatmeal and could not get it clean again-- ca-lean!!!

Yes, my hands stung so I wore gloves with this stuff.  It is definitely a chemical reaction.  But, it is WONDERFUL.

Try Bar Keepers Friend.
It might become your new BFF too!

I know-- I needed a before and after picture.
I tried but my hands were wet, I was arm deep in cleaning and surrounded by helpers.
Just imagine... 
A stained toilet before, and a shiny toilet after.
Our tiny master shower was literally pink changed to white.
It was a holy experience!  :)

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. (Old Testament, Isaiah, Isaiah 1)

Life is good.
Ben is helpful!
Eve twirls in her butterfly dress.
Ellie laughs.
My dandelion bouquets continue!

And I am grateful for the friend of a Bar Keeper.
Happy Spring!

What's your favorite cleaning secret?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...