February 03, 2017

March Because You Love!

I'm still marching through my thoughts these days.  

This was a Facebook post I wrote last week:

I have been very vocal lately in my support of the Women's March and my concern with Trump's refugee policy.  Is this hypocritical of me- a Pro Life Conservative?  I just don't see the world as polarized as most people do.  I'm very moderate.  I see good virtues in both parties and I feel great danger in the constant fight between us.  

When you honestly feel that your views are RIGHT and another large group of people are WRONG then you start shouting at each other and stop listening to each other.  

I hear a lot of people who want more goodness in the world and a lot of people who are really angry at the evil in the world.  I don't think we have to fight.  

Is killing too many black children less wrong than killing too many cops?  No.  They are both wrong and there is a solution that is right and will save lives on both sides.  

Do we have to make abortion illegal to save lives and promote life?  No.  We can preach morality, ethics, birth control, respect for life even if women keep the choice.  

Let's try to get more women to choose life and I'm pretty sure half the people we've been fighting would fight with us!  

Can we legitimize people even if we don't embrace their lifestyle choices?  Yes!  Of course we can.  

I have no problem teaching my children that smoking is not healthy even as I teach them that smokers should be able to order wedding cakes, pee in the stall next to me, come to my home as beloved friends and family, and act as my teacher and mentor in so many ways.  

We CAN absolutely legitimize and believe that people who live lives different from our own ideal life deserve safety, respect, and protection under the law.  

I believe that people are good.  I believe that we are more alike then we are different.  I'm not deceived, I'm charitable.  

I'm not a Democrat but if I have to choose to be liberal with my pride or liberal with my love-- I will choose to be liberal with my love.  Charity never faileth.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVE this! So much of our world is about fear, hate, and division - it is so important for us all to see the LIGHT and BEAUTY in the LIFE around us!

I love, with my whole heart, our outlook on abortion. I struggle with this issue, but I love the idea of leaving women with the choice but still preaching reasons to prevent them in the first place. I love the peace in this idea.

Thank you for sharing. These are beautiful and refreshing thoughts that I agree so much with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...