October 01, 2008

Ahhh... halloween is coming...

OK- this is my top secret Halloween idea... I'm really excited (DON'T TELL ANYONE!!)
I want to do a patriotic theme...
Miss America
Statue of Liberty
Uncle Sam (Todd of course)
Air force Fighter Pilot
Army guy
Oh-- I did see the coolest Mt Rushmore that someone made with one of the faces being the dad's real face-- hmmm... so many fun ideas. (Why is Todd always the most fun to dress up?)
I need some great ideas of how to get or make these costumes cheap... and, I need a cute costume for Leah and the baby... at least i have my idea-- finally.
Now- to create masterpieces using no money... Abracadabra...

4 comments:

Brumbaugh Family said...

Love your ideas, with all your extra energy do you want to figure out my kids costumes too. I made my blog private so send me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite.
-Emily

Marv Loucks said...

So for your Statue of Liberty...Get a short round stick (forgot the name) and then get one of the half circle of the hard foam balls and then color it green...

You could do Betsy Ross--http://www.whitehousechristmasornament.com/image/2005/Betsy-Ross-Ornament-L-WHCO.jpg You could do Leah in a stroller with a flag sitting on her lap...I can't think of any others right now, but if I do I will let you know. Growing up we had parades in our neighbor hood and I think I was patriotic every year. I just have to remember more!

Marv Loucks said...

Oh...you could do a red white and blue firecracker...

Rebekah said...

golden eagle, apple pie, George Washington, ... I thought the Betsy Ross idea mentioned is cute--old fashioned outfit, holding a flag. You could roll the baby tightly in a scroll representing the Bill of Rights or Constitutions "We the people..."
Hee, ha, have fun!
Don't tell David, but we are doing Labyrinth--he will steal the show (it is definitely the most fun dressing the Dads). I'm not sure that this is the best idea, but I'm in too far to back out now!
We'll see.
Maybe next year we will be patriotic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...