January 22, 2009

what's better than canned yams?

My family loves sweet potatoes. But, boy oh boy, those babies are tough. A few months ago, in a moment of weakness, I saw "canned yams" and I was intrigued. They ended up in my cart. Canned yams changed my life. Do you know how easy they are? Yeah, you just open them up and they are already PEELED and cooked and soft. Who knew?! The professor even explained that his mother-- yes, the cowboy, she uses canned yams every Thanksgiving. And, I was talking to my Italian sister-in-law on the phone from Italy and guess what? Yup. She was opening canned yams for her baby. She loves canned yams too! So, for all you unbelievers out there... I dare you. Open up a can. (My family likes em mashed with stuff on the top.) I mean, it makes me wonder what else am I missing. There may be a whole universe of canned-yam-goodness that eludes me. What are your secrets? When it comes to your favorite things I'm all ears. Or maybe I should say, I yam what I yam. (courtesy laugh... thanks) This is what we put on top... 1 stick of butter (melted) 1/2 cup flour 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup pecans 1/2 cup coconut bake till crusty. good crusty not crusty crusty. What do baby sweet potatoes wear to bed? Their yammies. (duh.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll second those yams!
--Todd

Rebekah said...

hee, ha, ho
Yams steal the show!
They really are great!

Rebecca Corvese said...

Hi Jenifer,
Thanks for posting that very sweet comment on my blog this morning. I'm so glad when new bloggers find me and I, in turn, can check out their blogs. First of all, let me say that your family is absolutely gorgeous! Those kids are SOOOOO sweet! And second, I'd like to say, HOW do you even find a minute to exercise???? You are amazing! Great blog... I love your candidness and sweetness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...