August 11, 2009

i'm gonna miss this...

Summer is ending.

I can feel it in my bones. The slow, lazy days of summer are fading and my clock is getting faster. My calendar is filling. My kitchen table is covered with school supplies. I LOVE school supplies. I've begun to label my activities "this is the last time we will..." or "we really need to do this before..."

My closets are cluttered... i have piles that drive me batty... leah is ready for some one on one time... my kids are ready for structure. But, i've loved this summer. I'm ending the summer in awe of my brood. They're good kids. I like them. I like having them with me. I'm going to miss them.

No. I'm not a home school mama. I like sending them away. And, I like getting them back. I'm definitely a mama that loves the seasons. I love summer. and. I love fall. Fall is in the air and I'm ready to wear cardigans again. I'm ready for Tuesday folders and soccer practice and spelling words and the structure that school day brings...

But, when I hear them laughing in my trunk on the way home from the pool. When I hear their seat negotiations.... I call by the window... I call front middle... and leah, "I CALL CARSEAT." I know, I'm really gonna miss this.

2 comments:

Lanette said...

Sweet, sweet musings. I love it, Jen.

Rebekah said...

love that picture--it has that timeless fun-childhood-moments quality.
I'm glad that you have had so many great moments this summer.

I, too, am ready for fall--our daily routine will look much the same, but without HEAT AND NASTY HUMIDITY, yeah!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...