August 08, 2009

my job...

Today the professor is in Chicago... he's at a conference and will be interviewing for jobs all across America. Today my thoughts and hopes and prayers are with him, and with those who will be interviewing him. In this day, in this economy, I don't envy him. We have a large brood for him to provide for. Today. I love my job. I'm grateful to be the one at home... cooking mac-n-cheese... cuddling... comforting... teaching... reading... in my jammies. I'm grateful I can head to the pool this afternoon... and enjoy the sunshine with happy kiddos. Nope. wouldn't rather be anywhere else. Someday I may join him in his executive world. But today, today, I love my job. and, I'm so thankful that he is doing what he is doing so i can do what i love. Thanks honey. Thanks for being there so i can be here. Thanks for worrying about money so i can worry about paint colors... Thanks for waking to an alarm clock so i can cuddle awake... Thanks for wearing a tie so i can own 10 pairs of flip flops. really. thanks. Good Luck. I love you and i'm with you. we're all with you...

5 comments:

beckyjune said...

i am right there with you. We are very lucky to have the jobs we do, as busy and hectic and never-ending and hard and wonderful as it all is. I love how you always have just the right words to express everything.

I wish we could go swim with you today. I did get your message but have been crazy busy getting the house straightened up and shopping and getting everything ready...we have some friends coming into town to visit and we'll be meeting them for lunch, one set will go on to New Mexico and the others are staying with us for the weekend. I hope you are well. You seemed so sad the other day. Is it because the Speeds are moving?

Rebekah said...

Loved that.
Todd will do you proud, I am sure!
You are great at your job, Jen!
The fact that you could do just as well in the executive/political world makes your choice all the more fabulous!

Victoria Gilbert said...

You have a great perspective on life... i eat it up! :) We are lucky aren't we?? Good luck to Todd and your family!!! We love you guys! :)

Kimberly @ RaisingOlives said...

Wonderful post. Praying that God will plant you where you will grow and flourish.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen for thinking of me! I sure love you and know that great things await us. My first interview starts in two hours . . . how exciting!

--Todd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...