September 15, 2009

the age of reading...

i think it just clicks... at certain ages. Anna- when she came out of the womb. Leah- probably the same. Ellie- age 4/5. I'm not sure Drew is there yet... well, maybe. Jakob-- this year. age 10. 5th grade. He is officially addicted to books. It started with the Gregor series. It got him. He read late into the night and woke up early to read... he devoured the books. Now he's reading Eragon and the Hardy Boys series... he wants to read ALL the Hardy boy books. His good friend only has 10 to go, so it's kinda like a competition. Anyway, if your kids are younger and you worry that they will never REALLY love to read. Don't worry. I think it's a stage. They catch it. I kinda think Jakob's intellect was above his reading ability... if that makes sense. I think he was smarter than the books he could read so he was bored. Now that he can read harder, cooler books that hold his interest- he's hooked.i LOVE it! being a book addict myself, I LOVE seeing my kids read, and want to read, without me forcing them to. Reading for pleasure, not just reading.i love to hear "Mom, Hurry! Get my book...I need to go potty!!" love it.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That pic is PRICELESS! (As are the sentiments...) I'm still waiting for some of mine to "catch it"... here's hoping!

corrie said...

all but Carter, and he's getting there. I love to read too!!!

Aurelia said...

love it love it love it!
MISS ya miss Leah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...