September 16, 2009

almost "there"...

I'm grateful that life isn't a race. I'm grateful that even when I'm "not there yet" I'm still becoming and it's not about arriving, it's about becoming but. sometimes i feel crazy cause i'm almost THERE and then WHACK. this week i ended up in the ER i'm fine but FRUSTRATED cause I'm supposed to take it easy... and. I was so close to THERE i could taste it. see this guy... that was me ALMOST home
then, stop the race. but. i am remembering. really, there is no finish line. it's an illusion. really, i'm on a treadmill. i set the pace, i set the incline, i set the finish time. and sometimes. my "personal trainer" decides that I'm done. and sometimes. He decides that i can run faster.
i'm grateful for this journey. i'm happy to become. really, i'm glad it's not a race. but sometimes, i wish i was "there". ya know?

8 comments:

Marv Loucks said...

Jenn, I really liked your post. I like the "personal trainer" idea. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I really liked your post! Thanks!

Shelley Gee said...

I love that idea of "becoming"! That is what I am doing... I know it may not be polite to ask why you went to the ER, but if you fell off your tredmill, I would LOVE to hear that story :D

beckyjune said...

Such a great analogy, Jen. I am glad you're okay...

Tiffany said...

As per your usual... FABULOUS analogy! *sigh* Your writing & explaining & insights are always spot on. Thank you.
P.S. Are you okay?!?

Rachel Ure said...

hope you are ok. sheesh. i agree with the others- great analogy.

corrie said...

yikes! Hope you're all right.

yomomma... said...

i'm ok.
i'll know more tomorrow.
nope, not a funny story.
and very un-blog-worthy.
just life.
scarey, yucky, life.
uggghhhh.
i really think garden of eden sounds lovely... no?

just keep swimming... just keep swimming...

Aurelia said...

yikes, you're scaring me. you ok???
finally cking up on blogs & read this.
LOVED the post, btw, as usual!
LOVE YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...