November 26, 2010

leftovers.

Thanksgiving 2010
yesterday was delicious.
i missed the big rush of family that comes when we visit, but enjoyed the simplicity of being at home with just my family, my mother, and my neighbors.

i tried some new recipes and some old recipes...
lots of help in the kitchen!
my simple table with my signature linen...
the girls worked together to create personalized napkin rings- they just glued the turkeys onto toilet paper rolls cut in half.

lion house rolls... i should have tripled the recipe!!
mmm.
i LOVE oatmeal stuffing... this year i added cranberries to everything
we eat sweet potatoes so much, i had to put marshmallows to make it feel like thanksgiving...
it was fun to have my mom and the Delweste's visiting... and, fun to add Philipino egg rolls to our American feast.

i'm not sure that the little girls ate any food... but they did drink egg nog and sparkling cider till they were extra happy!!
 really, thanksgiving just felt like a regular Sunday meal, with more leftovers.
 mmm.  this is going to be my lunch today!!
what?  no pictures of the dessert table...  just know it was SO yummy.
and,  all the pies are waiting patiently for me to sample them again this afternoon.

here are links to some of the recipes i used...
gravy- so good!
roasted brussels sprouts- i don't add mushrooms
nantucket cranberry pie- honestly, i haven't tasted this yet so i don't even know if it was good...
pumpkin cheese cake- this was the professor's request.  he bought me a set of 3 spring release pans for $9 at walmart that morning...  i think cheesecakes are in our future!!
sour cream apple pie- a request from my mom.  so good.
lion house rolls

2 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

Looks delicious! And your table looks gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving!

Teachinfourth said...

Dare I say that your spread (food AND photos) look awesome.

I might have to see if I can find that recipe for the LH rolls…they looked delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...