May 06, 2011

things i love.

There are a few things that I am LOVING these days...

1. Aden and Anais blankets-- they are not too hot and perfect for my baby who loves to be swaddled.  You can buy them at Target or Amazon.  They remind me of those muslin dish clothes.  i LOVE them.

2. Nursing tank tops-- i bought mine from Target- (Giligan & O'Malley Women's side sling nursing tank tops.)  I intended to wear them just at night.  With my other kids I wore my nursing bra night and day for months.  But, I love them so much I wear them all the time.  They are better than my nursing bras because I can nurse and my tummy is covered the whole time (with nursing bras you have to pull up your shirt and tank tops to nurse).  Sometimes I wear them over my nursing bras.  They are so comfortable.  First, I bought a white one, then later a black one.  I wore my tank top under the hospital gown when I gave birth-- I wanted black so it wouldn't stain when they handed me a bloody baby.  Love them!

3. Motherlove-- A friend of mine told me about this company.  I used 4 tubes of Medela Lansinoh cream and still had raw, open blisters on my chest.  I tried a lot of different things, but what finally worked was Motherlove.  I bought both their Nipple Cream, and their Diaper Rash and Thrush cream.  The diaper rash and thrush cream can be used on your chest-- and when the baby nurses it helps with thrush.  I don't think I ever got a yeast infection, but the diaper rash and thrush ointment was thicker than Lansinoh and the nipple cream.  It provided a good barrier that helped me to finally heal.  I really recommend this stuff.

4. Banana Bread-- I have made this recipe 3 times in the past two weeks.  I know, not great for my post-baby diet, but it is really yummy. 

 5.  I should have five... but I don't.  So, I'll just stop at 4.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...