I have 5 hard things... I can do 5 hard things!
1. At 6am I'll go down to labor and delivery for an epidural (not a spinal- oh I hope that epidural works well!)
2. Then to internal radiology for balloon catheters inserted through my groin to my main abdominal arteries (eww). The doctor in IR is going to help me write a big "thank you" on my belly to surprise the surgeons. :)
3. To the main OR where anesthesia will insert an arterial line and some big IVs.
4. Then an Internal Jugular.
5. Around 9am they will start the c-section- and I hope I will see my baby for the first time around 9:15.
Following the c-section they will put me under general anesthesia and continue with the hysterectomy/internal repair. They hope to be finished around noon.
Hopefully I will be awake until the baby is born. I really want this day to be a happy, beautiful birthday- even in the midst of the intense situation. I have much to celebrate!! My last baby boy is being born today!!
Right now, anesthesia says Todd can't be with me at all. I'm really, really hoping he can be there for the birth and then follow the baby to the NICU.
5 hard things while I'm awake-- and then coming out of surgery, waking up, getting up for the first time, trying to pump?, and waiting to be well enough to make it to the NICU.
Yup- this will be a hard day! But a great day that I will only have to live it once!! By tomorrow the worst will be in my rear-view mirror. :)
Right now- I just have 5 things to get through.
I can do this!
Todd will post here on the blog throughout the day.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
The sun is shining!
It's going to be a great day!!
Happy Birthday little man!!!
Today is a gift!!!