July 18, 2014

Crumbs.

Yesterday was a crumby day.
I felt tired and crabby.  I spent the whole day avoiding a desperately overdue trip to the grocery store.
My kids played indoors- creative play that brought little pieces of my house to create a new house for their animals who were living on my bookshelves.  The books are piled all over my living room.  This will be a hard clean.
Sigh.

The only redeeming part of yesterday was tasting every Wegman's free sample and finding two of the most delicious salami rolls (bricks?) ever.  Oh my.  Soo good.  I think I might always have to buy cool salami.  

We had a thrown together dinner- but it was perfect.  Fresh ciabatta from a local bakery, salami, caprese salad with basil from our garden, dragon fruit, yummy olives, tiny roasted Brussels sprouts, fresh lemonade, mushrooms and baby carrots with dip.  Mmm.

Even crumby days can end well.

I'm searching out some energy-- I've contacted my healthiest friends to get their opinion.  Do you have vitamins or supplements you love?  I currently take nothing and feel the need to pour some vitamins and minerals into my cells.  (Also wanting to start my kids on something.)

I'm certain today will be a beautiful, rainbow day!!  It's Friday! Wish me luck!!
  I think I may just have some salami with my breakfast.  ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love nutritional yeast (found in health food stores). It tastes nutty/cheesy. I put it in soups, dust it on popcorn, use it in cooking. I feel like it helps me, and has all sorts of beneficial things in it.

Courtney said...

Probiotics- they help release all the vitamins and minerals that are in your food and are so healing for our guts. We just started Kefir and are loving the positive changes.
There is a great little book Cultured Food Life that can get you started on cultured and fermented foods. It has lots of good recipes and I have it on my tablet.
http://www.amazon.com/Cultured-Food-Life-Delicious-Probiotic/dp/1401942822/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405698491&sr=8-1&keywords=cultured+food+life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...