March 29, 2015

Bloom!

I love this quote-- "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.  It just blooms."

I went with Anna and some of our friends to a Tech Savvy conference where they encouraged women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathemetics.  It was inspiring!

A nagging part of me still feels that excluding boys from this event and titles like "It's not your boyfriend's computer" actually promote instead of discourage gender inequality, or at least gender competition, where it is not needed. 
But, overall I was so impressed by the strong, intelligent women that spoke!  I am raising 8 smart humans and I'm excited to see what they can become.

Ending a day of conferencing with a church women's conference was perfect.

I loved what Sister Bonnie Oscarson said, "We eagerly teach our children to aim high in this life. We want our daughters to know that they have the potential to be anything that they can imagine.  We hope that they will love learning, be educated and talented, and maybe even become the next Marie Curie or Eliza R. Snow.  Do we also teach our sons and daughters there is no greater honor, no more elevated titles, and no more important roles in this life than that of mother and father?"

Amen!

Today my soul is yearning to BLOOM!  
Spring is officially here, despite Upstate NY's frigid temperatures, and I am still sowing.

My name is Jenifer Moss.
My job title is Mother, Wife, Homemaker, Life Coach, Zookeeper, and Child Horticulturist.  (My degree in Human Development actually is a BS- bachelors in science degree!)  I hope I have better luck sprouting functional, productive adults than I do keeping houseplants alive.  

Bloom!!
Life is good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...