April 13, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Todd says he thinks I'm 100% back.
Feeling brave enough to go on a small trip with eight kiddos and no husband was a sign to him that my grit and endurance has returned.  

We had so much fun visiting cousins in CT with day trips to New York City and Boston.  My brother and sister-in-laws are the true heros.  Who happily accomadates a family of nine for a week?!

My kids had the opportunity to go with their cousins inside the Boston temple and we all touched the temple!
We followed a small part of the freedom trail, and saw Paul Revere's home, the North Church, and Boston Market.
That building is where the Declaration of Independence was first read, and the start of the Boston Massacre.  It is such a cool symbol of foundational starts amidst the ever-expanding future.
"One if by land, two if by sea" chanted through my mind as we told and retold historical stories to our kids.  The blue skies spoke to my soul and the land called to me!! Oh, I feel spring!!  
Look at that sky!!
Have you ever eaten a blood orange?  They are 4 for $1 at the Boston Market.

We are home now.  It is so good to go and so good to return!

I can't tell you how grateful I am for this little family of mine.  The big kids are SO naturally helpful.  I love spending time with my family.

We woke up Sunday morning to find a bloody chicken that had been attacked by a raccoon.  We tried chicken hospital, brought the wounded chicken with us to church for additional assistance, and ended up having to put her down.
It was sad, gross, and oddly felt like a normal day in our life.
We ended the day up at SU campus as I spoke to Delta Sigma Pi encouraging them to donate blood.

They say one pint of blood can save 3 lives.  I think this number is deceptive.  My life was spared because 200 strangers donated blood for me, Ben's life was saved.  But, when I grab Eve's hand before she runs into the street, I wonder if they count her?  You really can never see the impact of the good you do.

Oh friends, happy Spring!!!
Life is beautiful and so, so good.
Enjoy this week!!

(Yes, we got the sweetest bunny for Easter, actually Eve got her for her 4th birthday which fell on Easter this year.  Her name is Blackberry and she fits beautifully into life here in our little Tully Farm.)
My goal for today-- we are all going OUTSIDE for yard and barn work. 
Yay!!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...