May 20, 2015

Working

He won't always fit so perfectly in my lap.  Wow.  8 kids later I am amazed at how my eyes still get teary and my heart still aches with love for each one of them.  I can imagine an Olympic gymnast tumbling on the floor and feeling that her body was made to flip.  I feel that here on the couch with my little ones tucked in my arms, playing nearby, or close in my thoughts.  I was made for this.  Right here, right now I am doing my greatest work, fulfilling the measure of my creation. 


"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time."

Neal A. Maxwell


She still asks me to do her hair.

I watched the Elementary school choir sing last night and I was teary-eyed with love for these kids and gratitude for their teachers.  

6th grade is such a naturally transitional year.
Speaking of transitions, I had to snap this picture of my girls.  Anna is running track this year.  She's getting stronger and faster.  It is fun to watch,  Ellie sang her solo beautifully.  She really is growing into such a fun young woman.

But, look at Leah in that picture!!!!
My little tom-boy Leah was SO cute getting ready for the concert.  She wanted her hair in a fish-tail braid, put on red church shoes, and chose to carry a pink purse.  What?!!  Oh, I love her.

I'm not as chipper as I usually am because I'm a bit deprived in the sleep department, but I'm at peace.

I really know that these little moments are some of the most significant moments of my life.  I'm grateful to be right here, right now with these people.
Life is good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...