August 20, 2011

puzzled.

one thing i love about my new house... the tv and toys are in the basement.
i am upstairs and so are my children.
they have been doing lots of puzzles lately.
(i have books and puzzles upstairs.)
i love it.
can you believe lily is smart enough to do a puzzle that hard?
i have got to stop thinking of her as my baby!!

the professor and i were discussing last night.
we both realized that our natural tendency is to be upset when our kids don't do what we want them to do.
upset that they haven't learned yet, instead of concerned and excited to TEACH them.
this morning i read this scripture...
Mosiah 4:14-15
And ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the evil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness.
BUT, YE WILL TEACH THEM to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; YE WILL TEACH THEM to love one another, and to serve one another.

Today, i want to remember this.
TEACH THEM...

{see ya!  we're off to Cascadia... to SWIM in the waterfalls!)

4 comments:

beckyjune said...

You are so right, Jen.

Have a wonderful time.

You really do know how to rub it in for us west Texas folks, don't you? Is everything THAT close to where you live? I am so happy for you and that you love it so much there. They are lucky to have you.

Enjoy Birth said...

Jenifer - You left a comment on my blog about birth a few years ago. I want to use it in an essay I am contributing to a spirituality and birth book. Can you contact me to let me know if that is OK?

sherinfo AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!!!

Kerri said...

I just want you to know that I came over and read the last 15 posts (I haven't been on the computer as much this summer) and I am inspired and motivated to do better. I know your life isn't perfect, but your attitude and ability to search for new ways to succeed and to help your children grow IS perfect, and absolutely beautiful. I'm going to try to remember both to teach them and to love them. Thanks for writing your sweet blog. It's an inspiration to more people than you imagine, I'm sure.

jenifer said...

thanks kerri, i needed to hear that today. today was EXHAUSTING... but, we finished up by reading Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day... and somehow, I feel better!!
thanks for your sweet words!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...