For sure my hardest day so far. They thought my PICC line was infected so I had worried visitors throughout much of the night.
I'm not loving this new addition to my body- the lines rest in my armpit and my chest is still sore.
Skype with my family is hard-- especially when Eve cries for me and tries to touch or kiss the screen. Breaks. My. Heart.
I know they are fine- just wish they were fine with me there.
Honestly, the waves of sadness are never far away. Yesterday, I let myself cry for a few minutes and then I wrote out a To Do for my day.
- I showered (very hard to do with my new armpit line-- the iv nurse was like, "do you have to shower?" I was like, "I'm here for a month!!! Yes!")
- I read and stitched and listened to inspiring devotionals online.
- I wrote some thank you cards.
- I went virtual shopping and got my girls two new summer outfits each, plus ordered me some new jammies.
- I finally convinced my drs to take out my old, sore IV. They wanted to keep two IVs AND a PICC line in me the whole time I'm here... Blah!! Yay for no more IVs!!
- They gave me a nice Do Not Disturb sign that lets me sleep through the night with no monitoring!!
- They switched my stress tests to weekly!
- They started drawing my CBCs in baby tubes so they aren't sucking out as much blood as they're putting in.
- I started lists where I write down the names of the doctors and the residents and a small description of them so I can remember who I'm talking to each day.
- I wore fun, striped socks.
- And, some friends from church came and spent the afternoon with me! It was so nice of them!! I had Todd buy me a magnadoodle, some play doh, and a bag of lollipops- so it was fun that I had something for my friends little boy to play with.
Yes, it was still a sad day-- but not a bad day.
I'm 29 weeks pregnant!!! Hoping for 5 more weeks!! (my surgery is scheduled for June 6th!! I'll be 39 weeks, 6 days)
It's worth the wait...
Here are some lovely pictures from my day::